So, I’ve been super busy but I wanted to put this together until I have more time to record later. Here are some videos that are super helpful in correcting this poor posture and anterior pelvic tilt, forward head posture, and nerd-neck.
These videos are free to watch and are on youtube. I really like them, and it took me several years to collect some really good information on how to correct this anterior pelvic tilt.
Reference (AthleanX, Bowflex, The School of Calisthenics)
There are two main reasons to get this poor posture
1. Poor airway, weak muscles, forward head posture as it all relates to the poor airway and often associated with class II, class III, open bite and sleep apnea.
Because of the poor airway these patients do not exercise because they can’t do their core and most of their muscles are very week.
2. Prolonged sitting, and also hip flexors dominant sports; boxing, biking, soccer, etc can also create this anterior pelvic tilt but usually no forward head posture.
So #1 is the issue for most people on this forum.
So here are some video by my favorite Athletic trainer. (I’ll be adding more throughout the week, so stay tuned.) The goal is to do these exercises consistently and persistently, and not all of them on 1 day. It takes several months to see results, so please stay it. I usually like to combine stretches with strength exercises. I work out 4days a week, and do stretches and cardio on the 2 days left and total rest on 1. I do, do stretches every day also.
Now, it’s important to know that it’s not possible to correct this posture a 100% until you have a good airway and you can breath through your nose normaly. But, that’s another topic in itself.
Post your pictures with your progress so we can all send you high fives 🙂
If you stick with it, you will not just look better but feel much better too in 4-6 months.
1. How to Fix Your Posture in 4 Moves! (PERMANENTLY) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-7ZWPCWv0U
2. DO NOT STRETCH THE HAMSTRINGS in
3. How to Fix Rounded Shoulders (GONE IN 4 STEPS!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLwTC-lAJws
4. How to Fix Forward Head | Slumped Posture (PERMANENTLY!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLR2Vm346Lc
5. The Ultimate Hip Stretch and Mobility Drill (PSOAS SOLUTION!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g70Jq2NjQwY
6. Stop Stretching Your Hamstrings (UNTIL YOU WATCH!!) – Here is why you do not stretch the hamstrings in
#7 face pulls are great for a straight posture. You can do these with simple elastics resistance bands. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiRAi2KOfRQ
Two years ago, I could only do
Beginner pull ups. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhztGDpL8jE
Body fat Composition Blog