NOA303L & NOA309L – Two day Live Hands-on Team Training
April 17, 2020 @ 8:00 am – April 18, 2020 @ 4:00 pm
Registration deadline: March 15th, 2020
14 CEU for the two days
Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA – TBA
1 Doctor and 4 non-Doctor staff included in the training.
You may bring additional staff for the training at a cost of $250 per each non-Doctor staff.
Day 1 (7:45am – 4:00pm) Friday
- The fundamentals of orthodontics, and sleep apnea.
- Classifications of malocclusions.
- Practice management: Scheduling, Billing, and Insurance. Orthodontic codes.
- Early intervention Phase 1, or phase 2. Which is correct for your patient?
- Ceph, and model analysis.
- Initial patient consultation. Talking records; pictures, X-rays, impressions etc.
- Organizing the records. Intro to the Dolphin software – basic training.
- Deep bite, Open bite, Class I, Class II, Class III, cross-bite, expanders.
- Oromyofuntional problems and open bites.
- Patient case presentation. Informed consent.
- Start of orthodontic treatment.
- Typodont practice: Band and bracket, wire placement, etc – Hands-on
- Band sizing, and cementing bands
Day 2 (7:45am – 4:00pm) Saturday
- Wire selection, bracket tie in.
- Changing wires and orthodontic check appointments.
- LLA (lower lingual arch) and TPA (transpalatal arch) fabrication and seating.
- Face mask for class III
- Expanders, impressions to seat.
- Digging out of problems. Compliance problems, oral hygiene issues, etc.
- Mechanics and finishing. Wire bends – first and second order bends.
- Fixed and removable retainers.
- Debanding appointment and retainer fabrication.
- Re-call and follow up.
- How to deal with relapse.
- Sleep apnea. From records to test to treatment.
- Practical and written exam.
- Summery, and Q & A
Registration deadline: March 15th, 2020 (after this date, there will be no further enrollment until the next NOA 303L/NOA 309L course in October or in April)